Delhi: Vehicle Scrap Business Is Worth 7 Crores In Delhi

hear the news

Strictly on 10-year-old diesel and 15-year-old petrol vehicles, there is a scrap business of more than 7 crores annually in Delhi. Concessions are also being given by the government in road tax and registration fee for scrapping the expired vehicles. About 10,000 vehicles have been scrapped so far this year under the action of the Transport Department to crack down on pollution. Under the orders of the National Green Tribunal (NGT), the Transport Department, Traffic Police as well as MCD teams are continuously taking action on the vehicles.

At present there are eight authorized scrap agencies in Delhi. On an average, 900 vehicles are being scrapped every month. Of these, more than 80 per cent are two-wheelers while the remaining about 20 per cent are four-wheelers. Environmental damage is specially taken care of while scrapping these vehicles by the authorized agencies. Yash Arora, director of Pineview, says that there has been a slight increase in the number of end-of-life vehicles this year.

Out of all the vehicles that are scrapped every year in Delhi, only 10-15% of the vehicles are scrapped in the authorized agencies. Many car or two wheeler dealers buy old vehicles at a higher price under exchange offers, but environmental standards are not taken care of while scrapping vehicles. RK Tiwari, MD of DosNextGen, said that he scraps three to four vehicles daily. These vehicles are then sold to private agencies at scrap rates.

80 percent two wheelers in scrap
Over 80 per cent of the end-of-life vehicles in Delhi are two-wheelers. If 8500 are two wheelers and the remaining 1500 are cars. On an average, owners are paid Rs 2,500 for scrapping an old two-wheeler, while Rs 30,000 for cars. Of the Rs 7 crore vehicles, two-wheelers account for about Rs 2.5 crore of scrap.

Getting scrap incentive will increase business
At present, vehicle owners are not getting the benefit of scrap incentive after scrapping vehicles in Delhi. With the implementation of the new policy, customers will also get the benefit of incentives for scrapping vehicles that have completed their life. Will be able to use it for the purchase of new vehicles. With the implementation of this scheme, there is a possibility of further increase in the scrap business in Delhi. If vehicles are scrapped by authorized instead of private scrap dealers, it will save the environment from harm and also provide many benefits to the customers.

Vehicle junk increased more than three times in a year
This year, the transport department seized around 9899 vehicles for scrapping till the end of November. In 2021 this figure was 2931. Agencies say that there has been a spurt in the transport department, traffic police as well as the seizure of unclaimed vehicles kept on the streets and roads on scrap vehicles and sending them for scrapping. If the vehicles are scrapped from the authorized agencies, it will be easier for the vehicle owners to obtain the scrap certificate as well as the certificate for de-registration of the vehicles.

Detailed

Strictly on 10-year-old diesel and 15-year-old petrol vehicles, there is a scrap business of more than 7 crores annually in Delhi. Concessions are also being given by the government in road tax and registration fee for scrapping the expired vehicles. About 10,000 vehicles have been scrapped so far this year under the action of the Transport Department to crack down on pollution. Under the orders of the National Green Tribunal (NGT), the Transport Department, Traffic Police as well as MCD teams are continuously taking action on the vehicles.

At present there are eight authorized scrap agencies in Delhi. On an average, 900 vehicles are being scrapped every month. Of these, more than 80 per cent are two-wheelers while the remaining about 20 per cent are four-wheelers. Environmental damage is specially taken care of while scrapping these vehicles by the authorized agencies. Yash Arora, director of Pineview, says that there has been a slight increase in the number of end-of-life vehicles this year.

Out of all the vehicles that are scrapped every year in Delhi, only 10-15% of the vehicles are scrapped in the authorized agencies. Many car or two wheeler dealers buy old vehicles at a higher price under exchange offers, but environmental standards are not taken care of while scrapping vehicles. RK Tiwari, MD of DosNextGen, said that he scraps three to four vehicles daily. These vehicles are then sold to private agencies at scrap rates.

80 percent two wheelers in scrap

Over 80 per cent of the end-of-life vehicles in Delhi are two-wheelers. If 8500 are two wheelers and the remaining 1500 are cars. On an average, owners are paid Rs 2,500 for scrapping an old two-wheeler, while Rs 30,000 for cars. Of the Rs 7 crore vehicles, two-wheelers account for about Rs 2.5 crore of scrap.

Getting scrap incentive will increase business

At present, vehicle owners are not getting the benefit of scrap incentive after scrapping vehicles in Delhi. With the implementation of the new policy, customers will also get the benefit of incentives for scrapping vehicles that have completed their life. Will be able to use it for the purchase of new vehicles. With the implementation of this scheme, there is a possibility of further increase in the scrap business in Delhi. If vehicles are scrapped by authorized instead of private scrap dealers, it will save the environment from harm and also provide many benefits to the customers.

Vehicle junk increased more than three times in a year

This year, the transport department seized around 9899 vehicles for scrapping till the end of November. In 2021 this figure was 2931. Agencies say that there has been a spurt in the transport department, traffic police as well as the seizure of unclaimed vehicles kept on the streets and roads on scrap vehicles and sending them for scrapping. If the vehicles are scrapped from the authorized agencies, it will be easier for the vehicle owners to obtain the scrap certificate as well as the certificate for de-registration of the vehicles.

Leave a Comment