Hc Said On Challenge Petition Agneepath Scheme Is Voluntary Those Who Have Problems Not Participate In It

token photo

token photo
– Photo: social media

hear the news

The Delhi High Court on Monday asked the petitioners challenging the Centre’s Agneepath scheme as to which right of theirs has been violated and said that it being voluntary, those who have a problem with it should not join the armed forces.

The High Court said that the Agneepath scheme for recruitment has been prepared by experts from the Army, Navy and Air Force and the judges are not military experts. A bench of Chief Justice Satish Chandra Sharma and Justice Subramaniam Prasad said, what is wrong with the plan? It is not mandatory… To be clear, we are not military experts. You (petitioner) and I are not experts. It has been designed after great efforts by experts from the Army, Navy and Air Force.

The bench said, the government has made a special policy. You have to prove that the possession was taken away. Are we the ones to decide whether it (service period under the scheme) should be made four years or five years or seven years. The High Court is hearing petitions challenging the Centre’s Agneepath scheme.

Had the period of service been for five years, they would have been entitled to ‘gratuity’
The Agneepath scheme was launched on June 14 to recruit youth in the armed forces. As per the rules of the scheme, people in the age group of 17½ to 21 years are eligible to apply and will be inducted for a tenure of four years. Later the government increased the upper age limit to 23.

Advocate Kumud Lata Das, appearing for one of the petitioners, Harsh Ajay Singh, said that after getting recruited under the scheme, there would be a life cover of Rs 48 lakh for Agniveers, which is much less than the earlier provision. He said that if the period of service had been for five years, he would have been entitled to ‘gratuity’. The counsel contended that after four years of service, only 25% of Agniveers would be considered for retention in the armed forces and there was no plan for the remaining 75%.

Expansion

The Delhi High Court on Monday asked the petitioners challenging the Centre’s Agneepath scheme as to which right of theirs has been violated and said that it being voluntary, those who have a problem with it should not join the armed forces.

The High Court said that the Agneepath scheme for recruitment has been prepared by experts from the Army, Navy and Air Force and the judges are not military experts. A bench of Chief Justice Satish Chandra Sharma and Justice Subramaniam Prasad said, what is wrong with the plan? It is not mandatory… To be clear, we are not military experts. You (petitioner) and I are not experts. It has been designed after great efforts by experts from the Army, Navy and Air Force.

Leave a Comment