– Photo: Social Media
hear the news
A major fire broke out in a shoe-slipper sole making factory in Keshavapuram’s Lawrence Road industrial area on Monday afternoon. The fire, which started in a temporary godown made of tinshed on the roof of the two-storey building, spread to the ground floor in no time. As soon as the fire broke out there was chaos. The workers present on the spot were immediately evacuated from the factory safely.
After getting information about the fire, 12 fire engines were sent to the spot. In view of the magnitude of the fire, ten more fire tenders were called to the spot. The hydraulic crane of the fire engine also reached the spot. Firefighters began dousing the fire with cranes and other factory roofs. The fire was brought under control after about five hours of effort. Fire officials said that there was no casualty in the fire.
Police have registered a case of negligence and are assessing the cause of the fire and the damage caused by it. In the initial investigation, the police is suspecting that the fire broke out due to short circuit. The fire department had received information about a fire in a shoe-slipper making factory located in C block of Lawrence Road industrial area on Monday afternoon at around 12:25 pm.