Under Phase-4, the construction work of the only ring corridor of Metro in the country is going on at a fast pace. About 33 per cent construction has been completed on all the three corridors. Firstly, the metro service will start in 2025 in a radius of 12.55 kilometers between Maujpur-Majlis Park.
After the expansion of the Pink Line, metro facilities will be available to passengers on the Ring Corridor of about 70 km. This will provide metro connectivity to the people living around the Ring Road. Metro will run without driver on all the three corridors of Phase-4 equipped with new technology. Metro line is being constructed between Maujpur-Majlis Park on the extension of Pink Line.
For this, the fifth bridge of Delhi over Yamuna is also being constructed on Signature Bridge. With the completion of this corridor, connectivity to Ring Road will be further improved from large parts of East and North East Delhi. Metro construction work is also going on fast on RK Ashram-Janakpuri (West) and Tughlakabad-Aerocity corridors.
Metro connectivity will increase from public places
With the commencement of Metro operations, passengers will have metro connectivity to Anand Vihar Railway Station, Anand Vihar ISBT, Nizamuddin Railway Station, South Extension, INA, Lajpat Nagar and many markets and educational institutions of Delhi. With the construction of the Ring Corridor, people living on both sides of the Ring Road will get the facility of Metro.
Rapid metro expansion
- After the expansion of Pink Line, Metro will start running between Maujpur-Majlis Park in Pink Line.
- After this, the length of the Metro Ring Corridor to be built on the Pink Line will be 70 km.
- At present, the Metro is operational in about 59 kilometers on the Pink Line.
- According to Metro, eight stations are being prepared on the Pink Line between Majlis Park-Maujpur.
- With the commencement of services on the new corridor, metro facilities will be available to passengers from Bhajanpura, Yamuna Vihar, Khajuri Khas, Surghat, Sonia Vihar, Jagatpur village, Jhaoda Majra and Burari stations.
At present, the Metro runs between Majlis Park and Shiv Vihar on the Pink Line through 38 stations. After joining the Maujpur-Majlis Park corridor, this corridor will become the longest metro ring corridor in the country.